There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner

Great company, it will get even better

Current Employee - Secretary in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Secretary in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Great company with good benefits. The company is very diverse with many different products. Should be recession proof - we all need to have fun these days.

Cons

Change happens too slowly, costs cuts are always aimed at headcount rather than common sense cuts. Too often the lower paid employees get cut rather than the higher paid executives.

Look at the actual costs not the number of employees. Cuttting heads but not the workload is not a good combination and leads to loss of morale. Employees are supposed to be our number 1 asset, we need morale to be high.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner (View Most Recent)

Time Warner - A great place to work if you don't mind red tape and politics

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

the people, benefits and opportunities to learn and grow. Great offices and perks. Decent salary but hard to move from corporate to a dicision because salaries at Corp are so much higher.

Cons

One word...politics. I have never been in a company where career sucess depended so largely on the relationships and positioning of oneself. They waste a lot of time and money on the wrong things and talk about employee satisfaction but don't really care to make changes that the employees tell management they want.

Give your employees the opportunity to grow and work to create an environment where people are comfortable taking risks and expressing ideas. Communicate more. Dick Parsons was a great communicator and always talked to the employees. Jeff Bewkes came in made a ton of changes including cost cuts and never addressed the employee population. Rumors run wild in that place!

I'm happy in my job, but wish I was paid more and felt more appreciated

Current Employee - Event Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Event Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

It's a great company to work for. The benefits are great, we got a lot of vacation days and the perks are good too. I'm very happy here, which is very important.

Cons

I don't think this company pays well as a whole

To praise your staff more often and acknowledge the hard and good work they do

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner