Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Solid company, large and very busy with some good experiences

Current Employee - Storage Engineer in Eagan, MN (US)
Current Employee - Storage Engineer in Eagan, MN (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working in the technical organization, you get to experience scale at a level that very few other places come even close to, managing assets across dozens of datacenters across the globe. My coworkers are pretty good given my experiences at other employers. The management has good direction if not maybe a little too much ambition. The benefits are good with a choose your coverage type of health plan.

Cons

WIth the scale so large, even the smallest of changes becomes a large undertaking. The Eagan, MN campus while nice is lacking of amenities compared to other large corporate campuses. In the technical organization, positions are very siloed, so branching out of your area can be a bit more difficult than other places.

Add some nice amenities to the Eagan campus (home to nearly 7000 employees) such as a minute clinic or beverages beyond coffee. Be more aware of headcount constraints and get people into positions a bit quicker.

2832 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

A nice facility but you need to look deeper before considering a career here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The building I work in offers a USBank branch, Caribou Coffee shop and several Sodexo cafeterias which will soon be changing to Aramark where Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served. The work space is modern and clean.

Cons

Career Development is nonexistent in some departments. I personally have been denied access to free onsite IT classes because the course did not fit within my current job description even though I work in IT.
    Pay is not competitive and as someone in another review said raises average around 1%.
    Transferring into another position within the company is denied in some departments no matter what your education or job skill level.
    The main reason to _not_ accept a position here is the new 'Health Care Benefits' which change in 2013 from a co-pay to co-insurance plan.
    1. A monthly premium - rates went up for me.
    2. A deductible you will pay before insurance kicks in - varies from high $100's to $1000's
    3. 10% -20% -30% is what you will pay until you have paid an additional amount when full coverage takes over.
    4. If you smoke you will pay an additional $600/year.
    5. If your spouse/significant other declines insurance at their employer so they can be on TR insurance you will pay _another_ $600/year.

Stop micromanaging.

Most. Awesome. Workplace. Ever.

Former Employee - Publishing Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Publishing Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Why it's awesome:

- They take care of everything that you need in order to perform well. They make sure that every employee is safe, healthy and well-trained.
    - The facilities. From my workstation to the vending machines, I must say it's something worth raving (if not bragging) about.
    - Last but not the least, it's the people. Thomson Reuters has provided me an opportunity to work with one of the brightest and most creative minds who are a joy to work with. I think this is the best part of working here.

Cons

Maybe if they had a better schedule for my workflow during my stay, it would have been better.

I hope that the culture that I have encountered during my stay would continue to grow into something better

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters