TheLadders.com
www.theladders.com New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

TheLadders.com is a software-driven company where developers can really make an impact.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at TheLadders.com

ProsGreat benefits--stocked, free kitchen, "unlimited" vacation, 401k matching.
The company regularly celebrates its achievements with paid parties and entertainment.
Work with really smart, talented software engineers. TheLadders "only hires A+ candidates."
Software engineers have the ability to work collaboratively with product to suggest new ideas for features. You're more than a code monkey, and your opinions really matter and are taken seriously.
Regular meetings with your manager to discuss concerns, goals, and achievements.
There are lots of safety nets for quality. Code reviews, functional tests, and unit tests are all mandatory.
Adoption of agile software development methodology really shines.

ConsSome teams get more "fun" work to do than others, although teams do shuffle occasionally.
There seems to be a bit of a high turnover rate, but everyone that leaves does so for excellent opportunities elsewhere and not usually because they're unhappy at TheLadders.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team is doing a great job. Mark's enthusiasm and passion has a ripple effect that is palpable throughout the organization.

Unengaged leadership - loss of talented people - no career growth

Was A Great Place to Work, But Not Anymore (Current Employee)

I have been working at TheLadders.com

Pros: Unlimited vacation (not that you'll get to use it) Social atmosphere Good… Cons: As a developer I find a strong lack of leadership both from engineering and product. This negatively impacts our team as our focus on projects… Advice to Senior Management: The long timers are worn out by tepid growth, lack of vision, poor execution and leadership that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Leadership appears checked out as an IPO may be years away (opinion)

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at TheLadders.com

Pros: Benefits. Location. Smart people. Ability to impact. Cons: Product strategy is doesn't exist. Leadership appears checked out. Flat growth. CEO doesn't empower executive… Advice to Senior Management: Marc - sell to Linkedin and stop running the company into… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TheLadders.com.

Worked for TheLadders.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TheLadders.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TheLadders.com CEO Alexandre Douzet. All reviews posted anonymously by TheLadders.com employees.