The Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com

Decent salary for a motivated individual

Account Executive (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsWashPost offers flexible schedules and great, achievable bonuses. It is easy to work part time at the Post and make enough money to support yourself.

ConsThere are always difficulties working for a large company or under a bad boss within a large company. Fortunately I only experienced working under a bad boss for about 3 months during my 1 3/4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. A lot of young employees had some great ideas during my time at WashPost but the company was slow to recognize them and put up roadblocks to implement them. Get rid of the old-timers who are a drain on the company.

Not great pay, but good sense of community

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I worked at The Washington Post

Pros: Strong heritage, great brand, trusted publication, friendly and intelligent coworkers. This is a good… Cons: The pay isn't great, and there's a lot of obliqueness about what people make. The news industry is in really tough times, and there… Advice to Senior Management: Employees know the industry is tough, so be honest with them about what you're doing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nothing more than a resume builder.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I worked at The Washington Post

Pros: Flexible schedule Pension Big name on resume Cons: Salary not competitive with area Not given the right tools to do the job Lack… Advice to Senior Management: See con list. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Washington Post.

Worked for The Washington Post? Contribute to the Community!