The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,035 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Generally a good company, but not in touch with people who don't work in Chicago

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay is reasonably good, and benefits are ok, unless you live in an area where United Healthcare isn't a big insurer. Generally a well respected company, which is nice. "Meritocracy' is good in theory...

ConsThe execution of meritocracy is so dependent on your manager that it isn't really a meritocracy. It all comes down to how "connected" you are with others (above you, that is). There is a constant push to "do more," but some times, you just can't do as much as management wants you to. They are slow to fill vacancies to save some money while the current employees pick up the slack of empty positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with off-site employees more. Find an alternative healthcare program for people in areas not well served by United Healthcare.

Great for some, good for some, OK for me.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Vast FMCG exposure. Generally good people. Cons: Um, typical big company limitations - little reward for the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Dead End

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time

Pros: Great for beginners and those willing to sacrifice life for… Cons: too few opportunities to grow in the U.S. Outsourcing and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.