There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

I must say I'm impressed.

Current Employee - Researcher  in  Athens (Greece)
Current Employee - Researcher in Athens (Greece)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I wanted to work for a company with a global footprint. I truly feel that I am backed and supported by top leaders in the company and that the work I do is valued.I am very happy with the quick and great service they provided.

Cons

I have not discovered yet.

1197 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work with Clear Career Advancement Track

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time

Pros

- Global leader in the industry
    - Career clear path with lots of potential for relatively quick advancement
    - Exposure to lots of different companies and thought leadership
    - Generally culture of smart and nice people

Cons

- Some senior management not inspiring and out of touch (particular in HR and Finance)
    - Operations departments have some good people but generally not world class
    - If you are not performing (i.e. bottom 10%) you will not be around for long

Improve your communication and connecting with employees across the business. There are a lot of exciting things going on that we could better publicize and empower local leadership with. Clean up HR department. Shocking lack of accountability, attention to detail, and reactive culture within this function. Talent level could generally be better and HR involvement tends to make situations worse.

Its a good learning experience and overall makes you well equipped to face business issues and resolve them

Current Employee - Senior Executive  in  Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Satisfactory salary, multicultural experience, multinational clientele, good work/life balance, relatively well-developed processes, motivation to take initiatives to improve company processes, flexible in working from home if needed

Cons

lack of acknowledgement of value adding work, lack of clarity on company vision and long term objectives, in some cases lack of understanding between upper and middle management resulting in confused junior level personnel,

Please try to highlight and reward individuals which deserve it. Who receive very good reviews from their clients and help in keeping business stable and growing. Also need to be more clear about what company is moving towards, like new business approach etc it should come across strongly till lowest tiers.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!