Great in the beginning but it is a shrinking company.

Former Employee - IT Professional  in  Hartford, CT (US)
Former Employee - IT Professional in Hartford, CT (US)

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good compensation. Work from home available in many areas. Great co-workers.

Cons

This is a shrinking company which has and continues to let go hundreds of people in the past several years to offshore companies or by virtue of divestiture. The threat of being laid off is constant and affects employees morale.
There are little to no advancement opportunities, especially for women. Gender bias was a frequent observation.

Be careful to monitor the quality of service being delivered to the customer in the midst of transformation.
When a company is shrinking at the rate HIG is this may be difficult but make attempts, even if small, to provide opportunities for advancement.

Other Reviews for The Hartford

I miss Working here!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Allentown, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA (US)

I worked at The Hartford full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy and fun job in my opinion. They pay you very well and treat their employees with a great deal of respect. I cannot say enough about how great my co workers and trainers were. The trainers were there to help you every step of the way and answered every question you had and made sure everybody in the class was at the same pace and always caught up.

Cons

Job security sucked! I was there two months and I miss it. Moreover, with it being an insurance company, there are a lot of stupid and weird rules to follow when on the phone with customers and that can make customers angry and can cause stress especially when you are taking up to 100 calls a day. This did not bother me at all but it does for some. The Call Center environment isnt for everyone but I do enjoy it.

Take me back! lol

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Insurance Sales  in  Santee, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Santee, CA (US)

I worked at The Hartford full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual Dress, People always willing to help, Benefits, Earning potential

Cons

Pay could be better, they make you think during interviewing that you will be training for 4 months which is correct however the first two weeks you are there you are studying for the property and casualty test. It is virtual training and not in a classroom setting. If you dont pass you will be let go. TOO MUCH PRESSURE

IF you want your new employees to succeed put them in a classroom environment for training so they can learn together bounce ideas from one another and ask questions if they need clarification.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!