The Hartford

www.thehartford.com

Customer Service Rep

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) Southington, CT (US)

ProsGood benefits, although you pay a lot for health insurance and it doesn't cover a lot with high deductables. Great time off, although very hard to get the days off you actually need.

ConsVery stressful, demand way too much. Treat you like your disposable. No one knows what their doing. Very bad managers. Many jobs out-sourced. They use metrics that depends on your teeny raise, don't expect much more.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like slaves. Managers have their favorites. Get with the times, stop hiring people off the street and treat older employees with respect.

Amazed a company can be in business so long yet still not have it right

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Aurora, IL (US)

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salary is competitive in some fields but you have to sacrifice your life and family to get it.… Cons: Sacrificing family life due to unreasonable expectations and demands. Real disconnect between home office and field. New CEO and board talk… Advice to Senior Management: Think about your employees first and the rest will follow. Make it a great place… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

horrible company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I have nothing good to say Cons: treat they employees like they are disposable material Advice to Senior Management: start to value your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Hartford.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!