The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Retail nightmare

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Good quality clothing at affordable prices
- Decent discount
- Better than average PTO

Cons

- Work here if you want to work ridiculous hours to accommodate the insane workload
- Upper management does not have it together most of the time, resulting in last minute changes to floor sets AFTER they've been completed, resulting in additional and unnecessary work without the payroll to support it
- Distribution is a mess. Store receives more inventory than we could ever hope to sell, while other stores don't receive enough. Completely unmanageable inventory levels in some stores.
- No corporate support on company culture. Company expects high customer service standards, but assigns so many tasks on a whim that it's impossible with the payroll to do both. They're trying to promote a selling culture, but it's just not going to happen unless corporate changes high level of tasking.

Stop wasting so much money on marketing you use for a week, if you ever even use it at all. Simplify your window and marketing like the other children's retailers. There's no need to change it out every week. Do you have any idea how much marketing we throw out that never sees the sales floor or windows? It's irresponsible and wasteful. Spend that extra money on PAYROLL!! The window that drew the most attention thus far was the extremely simple Monster Sale window we had up post-Christmas. There's so much going on in the windows most of the time, who has time or the attention span to read all that marketing?

Fire everyone in charge of distribution and start over. You are stuck in some other century with your inventory and distribution. Absolutely ridiculous. Get a method, and send what we need as we need it. We've lost so much money on merchandise that had to be transferred out at our cost, or that sat in the back losing value because the sales floor was already stuffed. No store needs 27 size 6x/7 blue sparkle skirts.

Get your act together. The last few floor sets have been nightmares, save for the most recent. Why is it that we're doing full department changes the day after the floor set is due? Do you know how much WORK that is? Get it right the first time. Do the corporate walkthrough prior to having the entire company set it. We spend so much time tasking with no payroll, that we can hardly give the customers the attention they deserve. This is BAD BUSINESS!!!

575 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Lots to do with little resources.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you have kids, you get a great discount.

Cons

Very little training was offerred

Update your systems.

Unrealistic expectations, NO real support

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I don't know what to say

Cons

There's no organization stemming from the corporate office.
    Policies are continually ignored at the customer's convenience and the companies loss.
    Price changes and floor moves on a nearly weekly basis.
    No payroll to support workload.
    No bonuses for assistant managers, stock supervisors, sales lead but are held accountable for same things as a store manager.
    Wasted money on unused/unnecessary marketing
    FAVORITISM!! Recognition is based on who gets along not on performance.
    No respect for associates, store management.

Get it together. This company has been going downhill for the past two years. Organize better and have realistic expectations of your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place