There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Unmatchable Learning Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Ames, IA (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Ames, IA (US)

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There was no such thing as a typical day of work. Every day was new and exciting either making progress with current potential clients, closing a sale you'd been working really diligently on, or meeting new business owners and having unlimited opportunities to make a lasting impression as a professional.

I learned a lot about myself, from just how persistent I could be to get a job done, how hard I was willing to work to build a good reputation for myself and the company, and how to motivate myself on those hot summer mornings when air-conditioning is calling. It was an amazing experience and looking back I know that I gained so much more than if I had just been fetching coffee or making copies.

The best part about the job is getting to see the finished product and know that you spent your summer working towards that end point and having it finally be right in front of you.

I'm so glad I took this internship. It has helped open so many doors for me and helped me grow out of that 'student' mindset and feel more like a real professional with real world skills and experience to contribute.

Cons

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rejection or difficult clients. The thing that helped get me though that was confidence in our product as well as knowing that I was walking into a business determined to help them have more of a presence with the students on our campus. Like I said, any time I needed a lift both my manager and my coworkers would help me out by making me laugh, put things in perspective, shake it off, and move on to the next one.

Our managers trusted us completely to be working our best and representing them well. I knew no matter what the case that I could call my manager and get advice, a morale boost, or a really loud cheer of celebration. All of the managers worked as a team to support us, and it's been clear since day one that they truly care about each of us and our futures. The only thing that was a little difficult was if the phone lines ever got tied up, it

260 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

This Internship is LIFE CHANGING

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Auburn, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL (US)

I worked at The Campus Special for less than a year

Pros

CAMPUS SPECIAL CHANGED MY LIFE, and I knew it would from the first day of training conference. By the end of summer I had finished in the top 6% of all Account Executives nationwide and I couldn't have been more shocked or proud of myself. The knowledge and confidence you gain through this internship are priceless and you notice it not only in yourself, but others notice it in you. Building the Campus Special brand for your University whether you are a new market, renewal market, or the Campus Special has been around for years, is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look across campus and in the community and see people using what you worked so hard throughout the summer to provide for them is remarkable. When Campus Special says they will work hard for you if you work hard for them, they mean it. Being a graduate, I had Campus Special in mind for experience and a future career liaison. After the internship concluded, my resume was built and sent out to as many Career Partners as possible and within 2 days I had 15 phone calls that led to great opportunities. Your phone blows up, your interview skills are through the roof compared to other graduates, and your career possibilities are endless. I chose the perfect job for me through Campus Special Career Partners and am beyond thankful for the Campus Special opportunity! Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. GO FOR IT! YOU WON"T REGRET IT!

Cons

You need to be very self disciplined, time effective, and ready for anything/anyone that is thrown your way. Don't let that discourage you, being an Account Executive teaches you to overcome all those things!

Get more rest! :)

The Campus Special is a great company to work for and is made up of great people too.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There are great people that are always there for you and really try to motivate you. There are also great rewards for being successful in the internship.

Cons

there really are no cons to working as an intern for the campus special. i guess it varies by city but the only cons I could think of are the usual cons that go along with a sales job. you generally have to work later then 5 pm to meet your goals and it can be very stressful.

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Worked for The Campus Special? Contribute to the Community!