There are newer employer reviews for Tenet Healthcare

would leave if I weren't retiring soon

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

pretty good hourly pay, opportunity to move around, change positions, try to find a better manager before that one goes away.

Cons

Disciplinary and dictator like attitude among managers seems to be preferred. Actual problem solving and critical analysis of problems are secondary to employees doing what they are told. Expect to be responsible for unrealistic demands, be ready to defend yourself, and explain that you have no control over something that should be obvious. Finger pointing is abundant.

Respect (listen to) your front line staff nurses. Think. Stop blaming the staff nurse for neg outcomes within the environment you have created and chosen.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Tenet Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Horrible management!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Small hospital with feel of a family atmosphere among employees. Caring and skilled physicians.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. Money hungry, greedy management who lacks any concern for patient care. Not a place to work if you are a patient advocate.

My advice for Doctor's Hospital at White Rock Lake in Dallas would be to get organized, treat your patients, physicians, and staff with respect. There seems to be a total lack of respect for staff at this hospital. We are deceived, manupilated, taken advantage of, poorly staffed and did I mention deceived? Many of your long time employees feel they are being forced to look elsewhere for jobs by an administration team that just does not care that they are losing dedicated and loyal employees. I have worked at this hospital for 16 years and have always said this place is my heart. Not anymore...my heart has been ripped from my chest one to many times by poor management in the last 5 years.

One of the best jobs I've EVER had!

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment. Hospital and managers support continuing education and growth. Managers treat employees with respect and as equals. Unlike most hospitals, this one doesn't work it's employees to death! Insurance and benefits are reasonably priced and overall pretty good especially for prenatal services.

Cons

The patient volume isn't always really high so sometimes we have to "flex" which means we may not work a day or we may only work a half day. For me personally, the salary is high enough that I don't really have to worry too much about it but when there are 2-3 days in a week that I'm leaving after only 3-4 hours it does sometimes make me a little nervous but so far, it has not impacted me in a negative way. Also, the insurance has a deductible which I'm not used to and don't particularly like so I use my spouse's as a secondary. The PTO could be better, its only about 4.93 hours every 2 weeks.

Keep doing what you are doing! Your employees (at least at my location) are very happy!

There are newer employer reviews for Tenet Healthcare

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!