Telefónica
www.telefonica.com Madrid, Spain 500 to 999 Employees

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years (but not much more... ;-)

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWith the current rate of unemployment in Spain (26%)? Everyone will claim it is a "secure" company.

ConsCivil service style of management, high bureaucracy, very different environments with varied treatment for both employees and customers (Telefonica Corp, O2, Telefonica International, European and American countries where Telefonica operates). Too heavy weight of trade unions lacking flexibility, innovation, projection planning and profesionalism in general.

The Peter Principle is usually accomplished in a classic hierarchically structured company like Telefonica. As someone said: "Getting anything done around here is like mating elephants: 1it's done at high level; 2 it's accomplished with a great deal of roaring and screaming; 3 it takes two years to get results.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecially to the highest level: Telefonica is not a monopoly any more. Did you know?

Positive experience for short term contract

Customer Care (Former Employee)
Cobh (Ireland)

I worked at Telefónica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible work hours, subsidized canteen, thorough training. Cons: Company structure is overly hierarchical. Not much room for upwards… Advice to Senior Management: Improve working relationship between permanent staff and temporary staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be better, strategy isn't clear

Business Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great brand and good reputation. Flexible working is well established and… Cons: Not nimble like it used to be, stifled by process Lacking CAPEX for… Advice to Senior Management: Lose the politics, be more open and have more direction No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Telefónica.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telefónica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telefónica CEO Cesar Alierta. All reviews posted anonymously by Telefónica employees.