Telefónica
www.telefonica.com Madrid, Spain 500 to 999 Employees

A good opportunity to show your competences and grow horizontally

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for less than a year

Pros• There huge amount of benefits for employees;
• The visibility of your work is great because everybody knows the company and you can achieve millions with your work;
• Work have a good flow and projects are clear and well defined (at least in my team);
• Use and adapt a lot of methodologies of work (Scrum, XP, TDD) and have well defined pipelines;
• Telefónica sponsors a lot of events , conventions and courses, of course employees have an easier access to them;
• A lot of collaboration of co-works, besides the numbers of the company works in small teams so there is good communication but information travel slow;
• A lot of changes the company is always moving and re-organizing itself.

Cons• The information travels slow because the distance (specially with spain) and some projects can be delayed for months;
• It's too easy to be forget here, too many thing happening so if your don't improve and show yourself you will be stuck where you are;
• Bosses and directors changes a lot so is easy to loose focus for a while;
• Sometimes your project can just disappear and you loose all your work.

Advice to Senior Management• Get more involved with day-by-day operations to understand which can lead to better task organization and prioritization;
• Tech leaders should be more 360º professionals.

Extremely good company to work for with great career progression opportunities once in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Telefónica

Pros: Forward thinking, professional, fun challenging Cons: You need to be a team player More

Excellent place to work, struggling in recent times, like a lot of technology companies

IT PM (Current Employee)
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great culture, market leader, good benefits, largely a successful business model. Global view… Cons: Recent globalisation with Telefonica bringing a lot of complexity, innefficiency, and pain during transformation. May be seen as UK is dropping to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep going, remember values. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Telefónica.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telefónica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telefónica CEO Cesar Alierta. All reviews posted anonymously by Telefónica employees.