Teekay
www.teekay.com Vancouver, Canada

Teekay overhired and underpaid me. The job was not as described. Very disappointing.

Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Teekay

ProsGood employee programs - health benefit, fresh fruit, good vacation and flexben, nice offices.
SOme great people and some very bright minds.

ConsExtremely competitive, plastic people. Tough enviornment. People lie and toss others under the bus to create their own advancement. "Stars" are people who fit the clique. Roles are poorly defined, feedback is withheld and reviews are set to be the same for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about fit and what you are really trying to hire and should be paying before you make the move. If you try to hire the "Best" regardless of real needs, you add to turnover.
Find out the real situation and get involved in what managers are doing. Do you know they are making the right decisions?

Great company to work for if you are starting at a management level, not many opportunities for non-management employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Teekay

Pros: Vancouver location is great for anyone in HR, IT and… Cons: The company has restructured a few years ago, moving all operations and chartering functions to the… Advice to Senior Management: More self-awareness No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very Good and stable company

Second Officer (Current Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Teekay as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros: security, good salary, promotion potential, safety awareness, scopeat Cons: no comment at this time Advice to Senior Management: no comment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teekay.

Worked for Teekay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teekay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teekay CEO Peter Evensen. All reviews posted anonymously by Teekay employees.