There are newer employer reviews for Target

Definitely a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Philadelphia, PA (US)
Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great relationships formed with the team members and guests. Flexible schedule. Good team member rewards for productivity.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement at my store. A new target store opened less than 5 miles from our store which significantly reduced our sales, and reduced pay roll, making it very difficult to perform tasks.

Advice to Management

Create more of a relationship with the team members rather than just being their boss. It's really appreciated when the management knows something about your life.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall great company, but so...boring

Former Employee - Cashier in Savage, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Savage, MN (US)

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are flexible with hours, have yearly raises, enough employees to cover your time off, great customers, great benefits, you get to know whenever something new comes out, because everyone buys it, you know when the best sales are, great experiance for high schoolers. There is also plenty of room to move up from wherever you start out!

Cons

This job was just really boring, and there is no music in the store and it is so dry. My hands were always raw within the first 30 minutes of my shift due to dryness and paper bags!

Advice to Management

Add moistorizer to each cash register and add light music to the store, music makes customers happier, willing to buy a CD if they like a song, and forget about how long they are at the store.

2. Not such a bad job

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Target has a great attitude, they work very hard to make a good environment for guests and team members. They work well with my schedule (I am a college student)

Cons

I've trained for many different areas and work the same job as people who get payed twice as much as I do. It'd be nice to be compensated for the job you're doing rather than the title you have from when you were hired.

There are newer employer reviews for Target