Great Company

Former Employee - Team Leader
Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

.Great work schedule,every other weekend off,you are never bothered when you are off
.Great customers and day to day experience
.Very organized company with great opportunities and training programs
.Fun place to work
.Work with great people

Cons

.Can only become a salary manager with a 4 year degree,so even if you have been an hourly manager for 5 years or any amount of time,you cannot move up from there without one

Other Reviews for Target

Great company, good advancement opportunities, long hours.

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Hardlines  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Hardlines in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team member development is a focus. You feel appreciated as a team member/employee. Advancement opportunities within the first 14-18 months, yearly bonus depending on store performance. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Long hours, its retail! Work weekends and nights--some nights can last til 1-2am. Holiday hours are insane! Holidays are blacked-out for vacation time. Some team members have been with the company for YEARS and it can be difficult to manage them.

Flow Team Member-South Carolina

Current Employee - Flow Team Member  in  Myrtle Beach, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Retail is tough work no matter who you work for. Target is by far as good as it gets in the industry. The processes are laid out and they work. I have yet to come across a question or issue that isn't covered by some procedure or policy. The team is treated with great respect from the top down and no matter what your position you know you are an important part of the team. I am now a Team Member and was once an ETL so I have seen both sides and feel like a useful and recognised part of the team either way.

Cons

Can't think of any that are not inherent to retail anyway.

Each store is different. In my current store I would say work closer with the team on the floor.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!