Target

www.target.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great Leadership Experience

Current Employee - GSTL in Missoula, MT (US)
Current Employee - GSTL in Missoula, MT (US)

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working around a wide variety of interesting people is fun, but the ability to cross-train and have opportunity for career advancement is above all the best perk.

Cons

Dealing with angry guest from time to time can be high stress, especially as GSTL. But being able to overcome problems and find solutions is very rewarding and makes it worth the tough times.

10069 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

It was a fine opportunity.

Former Employee - Creative Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Creative Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Target had a really well-defined brand and a Senior Leadership that was excited to always be moving the needle. There were many opportunities for career advancement for those that were bright and ambitious. I can really say that I learned a lot about business, smart creative and negotiating a complex socio-political dynamic.

Cons

Many of the truly great senior leaders are now gone and the brand seems to be going through something of identity crisis. As it's size increases, so does the bastian of bureaucracy. Ineffectual box-checkers are sometimes allowed to languish.

Remember that the brand is was really made that company great. Also, remember that the brand is more than just a logo, editorial voice or color treatment. It is not a commodity that you can choose to do or not do on any given day, week, month or year. It is the ethos by which you do everything that you do. It's he way you focus on guest insights, financials, political involvement, store design, customer service, etc..

Above average

Former Employee - Team Leader in Boulder, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Boulder, CO (US)

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Reasonable pay for retail
    - Good work culture
    - Good schedule/hours (by retail standards)
    - Focus on development
    - Diverse and fun team

Cons

- College degree required to promote to ETL. I was told directly that I exceeded the expectations of my position and was ready for promotion but would not be considered without at least a two year degree.
    - Inconsistent standards and expectations from store to store.

Reconsider the policy that ETL's and above must have a degree. You are losing quality "retail" people because of tis.

There are newer employer reviews for Target