There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great Leadership Experience

Current Employee - GSTL  in  Missoula, MT (US)
Current Employee - GSTL in Missoula, MT (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working around a wide variety of interesting people is fun, but the ability to cross-train and have opportunity for career advancement is above all the best perk.

Cons

Dealing with angry guest from time to time can be high stress, especially as GSTL. But being able to overcome problems and find solutions is very rewarding and makes it worth the tough times.

8247 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

It was a fine opportunity.

Former Employee - Creative Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Creative Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Target had a really well-defined brand and a Senior Leadership that was excited to always be moving the needle. There were many opportunities for career advancement for those that were bright and ambitious. I can really say that I learned a lot about business, smart creative and negotiating a complex socio-political dynamic.

Cons

Many of the truly great senior leaders are now gone and the brand seems to be going through something of identity crisis. As it's size increases, so does the bastian of bureaucracy. Ineffectual box-checkers are sometimes allowed to languish.

Remember that the brand is was really made that company great. Also, remember that the brand is more than just a logo, editorial voice or color treatment. It is not a commodity that you can choose to do or not do on any given day, week, month or year. It is the ethos by which you do everything that you do. It's he way you focus on guest insights, financials, political involvement, store design, customer service, etc..

Great people terrible pay

Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant  in  Sherman, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Sherman, TX (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Target is an awesome company to work for. If you ever need time off there are many people willing to take a shift for you. The company and the guests are the reasons to work for this company, PLUS they promote from within.

Cons

The pay is barely over minimum wage even for GSA's and other lower end management positions like Team Leads.

Pay your employees better and you will keep them. I have worked with some of the best team members in my life at Target and it always makes me sad to watch each and every one leave because they can get so much more at any other job they apply for.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!