Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

I work in Logistics, unloading trucks and stocking shelves in a fast, fun, and friendly matter.

Current Employee - Logistics in Chester, VA (US)
Current Employee - Logistics in Chester, VA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is indeed one of the best overall retail stores in America. It has good benefits and Target does try very hard to look after their employees. They specialize in a clean and work friendly environment as well.

Cons

Pay is not all that great. Either your salary or your part-time at the particular one I work at. This would be fine of course if the hours didn't move around every week. There is no way to keep a steady schedule when Target is constantly switching your work days.

If you want to create a better working environment on the sale floor you need to talk directly to your team members and ask the right questions. They know more about whats going on than you could ever know. Also if there were higher level manager actually talking directly to each of these team members a lot of issues would also be discovered.

9006 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good managers, very clear duties. You also get ten percent off all Target products for the duration of your employment, which really is truly great because Target sells so many things that you buy every day. And if you get a Red card as well, you get fifteen percent off today and every day.

Cons

Erratic hours, but that's to be expected from a discount retailer.

Keep it up.

Excellent First Job

Former Employee - Guest Services Associate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Guest Services Associate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great for anyone looking to break into retail, customer service, human resources, or entry-level management. I had an excellent time working at Target - fair staff, fair hours for a part-time employee, and great first job.

Cons

Would be nicer if staff was swapped around store consistently so that anyone starting out could get experience in all areas of the store, especially around seasonal time. I was constantly scheduled as cashier just because I was quick, even though I would have preferred to be in guest services or elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Target