There are newer employer reviews for Target

loved working there great atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader  in  Galveston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Galveston, TX (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexiable and offer great benifit package

Cons

not any cons I truly enjoyed my job

8377 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Team members are like family!

Current Employee - Electronics/Sales Floor/Cashier/Backroom/Bike Assembly Team Member  in  Lancaster, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Electronics/Sales Floor/Cashier/Backroom/Bike Assembly Team Member in Lancaster, OH (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, lots of differentiation in work if you seek it out. Team members at my store are fantastic, the managers are all very nice and reasonable to work with. Everyone has their favorite managers and what not, but I would say that everyone at my store is reasonable and I have no qualms with any of them. They do genuinely seem to care about you and will give you the benefit of the doubt if you have to call off for a shift (just don't make a habit of it).

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed and are very susceptible to cuts. During 4Q you can get almost as many hours as you can put your hands on but watch out for deep cuts after December. I have seen "over hiring" many times, where we simply have way too many people on the books for the amount of hours that the store has allotted. Pay raises for part time employees are not good.

Try to get more people cross trained in more areas of the store, at least for me, that's why I have stayed at Target for 5 years, my job is never the same two days in a row.

Fast, Fun and Friendly

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

Target is a great place to work for career advancement. Target holds the team to a high standard and puts the guest first.

Cons

The team member pay is low for what Target demands from the employee. Not enough training in electronics and specialty areas for the team member to successfully sell the product to a guest.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!