There are newer employer reviews for Taco Bell

Great people, great customers, great food

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager  in  London, ON
Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in London, ON

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment but the works not too difficult. Customers that frequent Taco Bell are usually amazing to deal with.

Cons

Their refund or replace policy gets abused and I really hate replacing orders that I know never existed.

If you keep in mind that we're here to coach rather than command you'll get your crew to do almost anything you ask of them.

626 Other Employee Reviews for Taco Bell (View Most Recent)

Great place for a kid to enter the workforce

Former Employee - Associate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

--Supportive managers who are always behind the lines working with the team.
    --Very clean and safe food-handling practices.
    --Helpful one-on-one training with existing employee.
    --Efficient and easy to use POS system.

Cons

--Dealing with hungry customers can be stressful.
    --Restaurant hours are reaching 24/7 status.

More company-wide incentives around up-sales; customer-loyalty program would be a great way to track buyers' habits while also sending coupons to bring them in the restaurants

Good starting job. Don't expect anything amazing.

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Saint Peters, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Peters, MO (US)

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, work as much or little as you want, half-priced food (if you go by the book), free drinks, exposure to many kinds of people and situations, builds a solid employee if the training is taken seriously. Keep in mind that this is a minimum wage job (maybe a little bit more if you're older than 18 and dependable), so you'll have to work there for a while before you can expect to make any more than that.

My General Manager at my store works with everyone's schedules, and almost never fires anyone (he takes care of problem employees in other ways). My fellow employees are all mostly nice people who genuinely care about other's success, and they also know that this job really is a "stepping stone" job and that you won't be around forever (with a few exceptions). The Training can be boring at times, but will build new trainees into important and aware employees.

Cons

The customers can be a real pain. You get everything from scammers wanting free food, to old people who make the people behind them in line wait while they tell you stories about their cat (yes, that has happened to me), to inconsiderate parents who leave their children's messes on the table, floors, and everywhere else. You have to keep an upbeat attitude and smile the entire time, even if the customer is being annoying, which can be very hard sometimes.

This is a high-stress environment, so when the store is busy, there's too many things to do and not enough time to do it. The stress also gets to the other employees, which can make others short-tempered or harsh when the going gets hard.

This is a minimum wage job. Period. There are quarterly raises if you're there for about a year, but this job will only keep the bills at bay or work through college. It won't make you happy in the long run, and it certainly won't get you very much ahead in life. Use this job as a stepping stone.

Make sure the training sticks beyond TOGs. Customer service is the #1 objective for fast food, so make sure you have the happiest, most well-trained cashiers as possible, because one can instantly tell when the cashier doesn't really want to be there or care.

There are newer employer reviews for Taco Bell

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!