There are newer employer reviews for TUI Travel

Mixed bag

Current Employee - Product Manager in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
Current Employee - Product Manager in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at TUI Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun environment, outstanding travel benefits. Pay pretty good for travel industry and the brand is prestigious in the industry.

Cons

Lack of progression opportunities, particularly in between departments. Luton location rather sterile but they do their best to keep staff entertained despite being away from bright lights of London.

Invest in people with dedicated training programmes and don't be short sighted and assume people want to stay in the same department for all their career

58 Other Employee Reviews for TUI Travel (View Most Recent)

Good company overall but making some bad moves for staff

I worked at TUI Travel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities, good management overall, take advantage of all opportunities to improve the company. Good human resources department and progression plans.

Cons

Difficult to get a good work life balance due to the demands of the company and they do not seem to have the employees near the top of their priorities

The World of TUI is a great place to work and to get recognized for individual contributions.

Former Employee - ProgramDirector in Crawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at TUI Travel as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Entrepreneurial organization with decentralized leadership;
    - Senior management is professional, passionate, goal- and team oriented;
    - Casual and informal work environment;
    - TUI's strategy proves to hold up well whereas its competitors are struggling during the current economic crises.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of, although I can imagine that not all TUI countries / 250 brands are created equal. I can say the having worked for TUI Group at the HQ in the UK was a great experience.

There are newer employer reviews for TUI Travel