TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

It was a great place to work!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Myers, FL (US)
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with very dedicated and professional people doing a very difficult job very well

Cons

Too much red tape to get things done quickly

reviews filtered by
  1. every day is a unique work experience

Current Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a federal job with good benefits. This has helped to open the door for me to other federal jobs that I am looking into.

Cons

Dealing with difficult passengers and their negative comments about us doing our jobs. Passengers will blame you for their problems. Some passengers arrive at the security checkpoint 5 minutes before their flight and they expect you to help them skip to the front of the line.

Advice to Management

Fight back against the negative coverage about the TSA in the news.

2. Great if you keep to yourself

Former Employee - LTSO in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - LTSO in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay for full time, AWESOME part time pay. You learn a lot here about security and the government workings.

Cons

Alot of young kids get hired here. Management is very coercive in their ways. Management doesn't listen to their workers if it doesn't benefit them. This company goes in waves, for a while they were firing everyone that had anything to be fired for to "remove dead weight" which in turn we lost a few REALLY good people. The way they do things is unethical. Trust no one.

Advice to Management

No advice to give, the system is set up to protect management from their managers through an actual judge. For them to be fired or reprimanded an actual judge would oversee the case and make a decision where it makes them almost immune. Some management is great, some are horrible. The hiring process is ridiculously flawed, promotion process is even worse.