There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

It was a good internship experience

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Harrisburg, PA (US)
Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Harrisburg, PA (US)

I worked at TE Connectivity as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are friendly and really know their stuff. They are always ready to help you out in your projects. It is easy to collaborate between teams too.

All interns get real projects to work on. No paper copying, bring me coffee type of a job. They also have plenty of social events for interns to network with the management and talk to people across different business units.

Cons

It is a very laid back culture. In the sense, there is always a tomorrow to finish the job. So it might be a bit frustrating at times.

342 Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity (View Most Recent)

Top-notch engineering internship

I worked at TE Connectivity as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Was able to work on new, cutting-edge technologies in Automotive group, which contributed a lot to my technical knowledge. Many internships would force you to rehash old projects in order to "learn", which doesn't make sense when you could hit the ground running on the new stuff.

Cons

Outdated and time-consuming HR procedures. Had to waste most of a day working on silly online learning modules about workplace relationships, customer relationships, etc. Most of the learning was not even applicable to my position!

There isn't nearly as much innovation and creativity as there should be. Many employees are content to "fix" outdated bugs on outdated product lines, while the few who innovate and think ahead to the future are sorely understaffed and under-compensated.

Upper management and lower management are not on the same page with regards to company goals and employee goals.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Harrisburg, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Harrisburg, PA (US)

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are upper management or HR employees, your job is solid. Benefits not bad. Have made improvements with gym and kiosk's for coffee and tea.

Cons

No promotions, no room for career advancement unless you are HR or upper management. No training for non-management workers. Computer equipment and upgrades slow and only for certain grade of employees. Proper tools to perform job are only available for the chosen few. Upper management has one set of rules and then their is the rest of us.

Tom Lynch needs to get a clue. What he says and what his management does is totally opposite. I want to work for company Tom Lynch talks about. The department I work in and other departments that I deal with all have the same opinion, TE is only about upper management and work the employees to the bone and never reward them.

There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity