T. Rowe Price

Supervisor Role

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

ProsProvided strong initial training and ongoing training. Good networks. Decent benefits. Friendly environment. TRP "nice".

ConsPay- new payroll tax is highly affecting an already unpaid staff. Management works endless hours to meet the demands of the business and increasing items coming down and pay does not keep up. OT used much more frequently and supervisors must be here for coverage and not get paid for more and more time. We are also expected to be here weekends, holidays, January 1st. We keep getting asked why associates don' t want to be seniors/supervisors, well most of us don't want to stay in a management role. The money is not worth the hours and the stress, the lack of life work balance and it only gets worse as you move up. I barely see my friends anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need help from senior management. I grew up here and something is just fundamentally different. Please look critically at this business. Ask questions to those on the frontline- those who really care about the integrity of the business and the people. Us supervisors look at associates as people not IDs. We know there names and hear them. We know efficiency is important but even at our level understand the cost of turnover recruiting and the value of retention, which is a challenge here.

There are newer reviews on T. Rowe Price.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T. Rowe Price reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for T. Rowe Price CEO James A. C. Kennedy. All reviews posted anonymously by T. Rowe Price employees.