Supplemental Health Care

www.supplementalhealthcare.com
  www.supplementalhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental truly cares for their employees, both internal and external. This is evident from the very top down.

Current Employee - Market Manager
Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very supportive and really wants all of their employees to succeed. They have very realistic expectations and every layer of management will do everything possible to make sure you have the the neccessary tools and resources to succeed. They believe in assisting their employees with a healthy work/life balance. Senior leadsership is genuine and sincere and fully back their ICARE Core Values. Excellent and defined career mobility; a lot of career opportunities.

Cons

You must be prepared for an ever changing health care industry and learn to adapt to this change. This often requires us to change our approach to business and market conditions. If you do not adapt well to change this will be the most difficult aspect of the job. The company supports us and helps all of us learn how to change as the market changes.

Continue to mange with a healthy combination of metrics driven results and emotional and behaviorial based mentoring. Even though many will boast that they do not need a lot of positive affirmation in reality we all need to contunue to hear the postive, you do this well! Keep up the good work.

109 Other Employee Reviews for Supplemental Health Care (View Most Recent)

Make sure and read your contract very well...company is a little shady

Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Supplemental Health Care as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

flexible for SLPs who want per diem or part time work; they will meet standard per diem rate of $55/hour

Cons

not enough work for full time SLP in Las Vegas; competition clause that no one tells you about until after you have hired on: you must wait 6 months after working at a facility through Supplemental if you wish to apply for a per diem, part time, or full time job with that facility; the travel therapy dept. is terrible - lied about open positions in cities, put very shady items in contract (ex: if facility cannot give you 40 hrs work/week, you will pay Supplemental $20/hr for every hour under 40 hours not worked) !!! I read that in the contract and told them to "stuff it where the sun don't shine"... trust me... not a good company to work for... they have a very high turnover rate for a reason

Treat your employees with respect.....be more transparent about clauses in contract....fire J. Miles in your travel therapy dept....you lost 2 potential therapists because of him

Stressful but Rewarding

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Charleston, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

MONEY is great if you work hard.

Cons

Making Cold Calls, recruiting shady people who flake out.

There are newer employer reviews for Supplemental Health Care