SunTrust

www.suntrust.com

Wonderful Experience w/ Knowledge but pay and team work lacking

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Specialist III  in  Richmond, VA (US)
Former Employee - Consumer Loan Specialist III in Richmond, VA (US)

Pros

I loved what I did. I worked in the Loss Prevention Dept dealing w/ repossessions. I made extra money every month as much as 1k at 1st, due to my performance.

Cons

What I didnt like was that in my 2nd year of working at STB, Our incentive guidelines changed, instead of it being on an individual basis now to get it the whole team had to meet certain goals.
Also we had two managers in the dept and they were totally different one was alot stricter. And the head of our dept didnt even know the details of our job. We did alot of work and was not compensated for it.

Other reviews for SunTrust

Teller 1

Former Employee - Teller I  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Teller I in Washington, DC (US)

Pros

The work hours were great.The pay is ok. I really liked the training. They make sure that you are currently aware of new products and company changes. Excellent benefits.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times. It can be difficult to meet the goals, and they put a lot of pressure on you. It is really hard to advance in the company, which is why I left.

A dynamic roller coaster

Current Employee - Business Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

Rate of pay, number of promotions, flexible hours when not in a Branch role. Company seems to be focusing on teammate satisfaction but still has a long way to go.

Cons

Constant downsizing, reductions in force. Once you reach a certain level, there is not much further to progress to. Relocation package has dramatically decreased in the last few years.

Better communication with the team and honesty about the direction the company is heading without sugar coating it.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!