There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Levittown, PA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Levittown, PA (US)

I worked at StoneMor

Pros

1. Benefits are on par with others and the company absorbed most of the cost
2. They are very family oriented. During the economic crash, they initiated a fair furlough rather than lay one person off.
3. Depending on your department, there are opportunities for advancement.
4. Most management genuinely care about their employees and offer lots of feedback

Cons

1. Pay is below for the same job at other companies
2. Only salaried employees are entitled to yearly bonus, not hourly employees
3. Depending on the department, there is definite preferential treatment, where employees who are tenured but not qualified receive promotions over those who are qualified.
4. Lots of back stabbing

Advice to Management

Rather than continue to purchase properties, you should reward your employees with more than a 3% raise after a 3 year salary freeze and furlough.

reviews filtered by

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
    Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Advice to Management

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

A company where people are posted in high level jobs for which they donot possess the right background or qualifications

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Levittown, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Levittown, PA (US)

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

Growth Potential in the company

Cons

A very depressing industry overall.

Advice to Management

Conduct aptitude tests and place the RIGHT people at the RIGHT place

There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor