State Street

www.statestreet.com

good

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA (US)

Pros

benefits are a plus , and pay is fair

Cons

downsizing is troublesome considering the talent they are losing

need to improve employee loyalty

Other reviews for State Street

Pretty much nuetral, not great and not bad

Pros

The benefits are great as well as the retirement 401K plan is pretty good. I have had positive experiences with my managers within my department.

Cons

But as I suspect with many large employers there is a big disconnect between upper level management and the people actually doing the work. There are way too many levels from the top down that would significantly simplify the organization.

Simplify the organization and work to make it better for the employee. Focus more on the intellectual capital and retaining current employees to drive better performance. There are many quality employees that have worked for State Street, but many of them leave because it is difficult to feel like you have made a difference.

Difficult to understand the importance of what you are accomplishing.

Former Employee - Fund Accountant  in  Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Sacramento, CA (US)

Pros

Great place to start out of college. I would suggest working in such a place for a year and getting what you can out of it and then moving on.

Cons

The software was way behind the times. While I was there the Sacramento office converted over to newer* software. You were able to process funds quicker but it was still like using MS Dos. Each screen had a several commands corresponding to a number. You just memorized the numbers and punched at the key board all day.

Train new employees thoroughly. Give meaning to the number punching. The videos are not that great of a tool for trying to continue to grow ones knowledge of the vast financial world.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!