Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Great Company with Great Benefits

Reservation Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

ProsFun, caring, relaxed, spa-like atmosphere in the Austin call center. Compensation was good with plenty of contest and opportunities to earn bonuses and perks. Friendly coworkers and customers. Knowledgeable and helpful supervisors and upper managers. Primarily work from home / telecommute call center. Plenty opportunities to move up in company or work for the physical hotels instead. Extensive initial training program with continual training monthly. Great reservation system and tools. Managers take pride in their teams and work with agents daily. Goals and stats are very detailed and can be viewed anytime. Company keeps workers informed and readily accepts feedback. Too many great things to list. I'd still be there if my life hadn't taken me elsewhere.

ConsMetrics required to reach certain tiers of bonus level are difficult to obtain, at times, as it depends on your sales proficiency with customers, ie. calls taken / sales made. But in fairness the managers give you every step by step training and tool to master this, and most customers are calling to book a reservation and not just browsing. Employee stay discount is not always available especially at the higher end hotels.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, great job.

Decent place to work

Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros: Relaxed surroundings, newly renovated office Cons: Not many interactions among employees as expected Advice to Senior Management: I think they are doing a great job to make… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I greatly appreciated working at the W Dallas Victory. The staff at the hotel is what makes the hotel so great.

Welcome Desk/Concierge (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros: The staff at the hotel is what makes it such a fun and enjoyable place to work. Everyone feels like they are part of a… Cons: Standing for such a long period of time is quite… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.