Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Not bad and treated right

Bartender (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts part-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou knew the vision and goals of the company. Great employee rates on multiple properties and discounts on food and in-house entertainment.

ConsMy hotel was a franchise and as such had different rules but did have to adhere to corporate standards for employees. Make sure your hotel is corporate owned, you probably will get treated more fairly. Also, if a franchise make sure they have been around for awhile, mine left us with a dwindling property becuase he did not want to spend the money on upgrades that corporate required.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees, especially the ones on the ground level make the guest's whole stay. We have the opportunity to handle many of the guest complaints, if we are given a fair shake, we will then do whatever we can to make sure the guest comes back.

Amazing company... Hard to grow

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great training Some of the best hotels in the industry. Always… Cons: Hard to grow since properties are managed by companies. Advice to Senior Management: Get to know other properties it'll help with recruiting and… More

It has been a great place to work but trying to change positions can be tough

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: they have excellent travel benefits all over the world, and beautiful… Cons: Have not been considered for interviews for advancement opportunities even though received exceeding expectations on… Advice to Senior Management: give more direction to managers during hiring process and hold managers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.