There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

High on culture, learning and passion

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, learning organization, and passionate employees

Cons

Consensus driven organization means decisions are slow. Compensation in "total rewards" not pay...

4772 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Starbucks on Geneseo Campus

Current Employee - Certified Barista in Geneseo, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Barista in Geneseo, NY (US)

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is a great place to work in. As a barista you are extremely busy all day and the time flies. Customers are usually excited about their drinks, however when it gets very busy they can be extremely unpleasant.

Cons

It feels like a dead end job.

Great opportunities.

Former Employee - Barista in Marrero, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Barista in Marrero, LA (US)

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive (not minimum wage) hourly wage. The hours are pretty decent. Customers are easier on you than other fast food employees. Co-worked comraderie is excellent. Stock options are decent. Tips are usually an extra $1.50 an hour; $3ish during holidays.

Cons

There are usually lots of young people, so lots of interpersonal drama. There were little power-struggles with low-level management who abused their power/let their menial customer service job get to their head. If you have open availability, you could be opening one day and closing another, so it messes with your sleep schedule.

The way the manager ran my store was laughably bad. We had one barista who was an excellent salesman, so our store always had the best sales figures. But the way he talked to employees was deplorable. HR would have a fit if they could overhear. He's going to get Starbucks sued one day. I was a great employee for over four years. I was never promoted because of a personal vendetta- he even went so far as to telling other shifts to write me up over the smallest thing. Obviously, he didn't have a real case because I lasted for a while and left by

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks