Starbucks

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Barista to Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits: discounts, 401K, and Healthcare; fun atmosphere; new everyday so I never got bored; great product - I was proud of what I sold. The company stays true to its mission statement and guiding principles.

Cons

I felt like I was always on-call; have to have thick skin because customers are always right even when they aren't. Mentally and physically demanding job - you have to really want to do some hard work and use your brain.

5114 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Still a great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I"ve worked in other retail places before, and the time I get to spend with my family is great. I RARELY have to work more than 40 hours a week, compared to the more than 60 I had to put in other places. Additionally the partners are all great fun, and many of our customers are as well. Promotions from the inside are much more common here than at previous places too.

Cons

As with any service industry, you sometimes get customers who are beyond rude and you just have to smile right through it. The pay is also a bit lower than equal levels at other companies, but as I said the work life balance is much better, and at least in my situation I feel like I have a lot more autonomy to do what needs to be done

Keep direction clear. Don't tell us one thing, only to change it just a month or two later

I actually really like it here.

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

My store is "special" because it is open very late. The customers are generally pretty cool and tip well (at night, when I work). Staff is awesome in general, this particular store's manager is absolutely amazing. I love this store. Also stock options. For some reason, a lot of the employees don't seem to claim these, but the stock plan has actually given me a pretty decent chunk of cash.

Cons

Pay is lower than a lot of "similar" jobs. If you include the "total pay package" (their words) including free coffee, decent discount, it's a bit better.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks