Starbucks
3.7 of 5 3,722 reviews
starbucks.com/careers Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Barista to Store Manager

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFantastic benefits: discounts, 401K, and Healthcare; fun atmosphere; new everyday so I never got bored; great product - I was proud of what I sold. The company stays true to its mission statement and guiding principles.

ConsI felt like I was always on-call; have to have thick skin because customers are always right even when they aren't. Mentally and physically demanding job - you have to really want to do some hard work and use your brain.

Still a great place to work

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I"ve worked in other retail places before, and the time I get to spend with my family is great. I RARELY have to work… Cons: As with any service industry, you sometimes get customers who are beyond rude and you just have to smile right through it. The pay… Advice to Senior Management: Keep direction clear. Don't tell us one thing, only… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I actually really like it here.

Barista (Current Employee)

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros: My store is "special" because it is open very late. The customers are generally pretty cool and tip well (at night, when I work). Staff… Cons: Pay is lower than a lot of "similar" jobs. If you include the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.