Starbucks

realistic

Former Employee - Real Estate Representative
Former Employee - Real Estate Representative

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

the people there are amazing, the environment is fun and safe, the company provides it self on servicing the community.

Manager was fantastic, fostered team work, and growth.,

Cons

the company lacks communication between departments, etc

It is a very hard environment to work in right now, too many lay offs all happening too often.

focus on what's important, keep people happy, and go back to your core.

5589 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Schultz, does he really know whats happning in his stores?

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pueblo, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pueblo, CO (US)

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Free Coffee uhh... free coffee, Really I dont have anything nice to say. Starbucks was by a country mile the WORST job I have ever had.

Cons

I was not ever treated with respect or diginity, However I was expected to treat ALL with respect & diginity. I was dissapointed to find that a part timer was hard pressed to actually be scheduled the minium hours required to qualify for benefits. I saw alot of good people get tossed out with the old product because they didnt fit in to the click.

Mean what you say & say what you mean

Starbucks isn't the same Starbucks that I was hired into.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Bristol, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Bristol, VA (US)

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

If you really love people and coffee, Starbucks is a great place to work. Starbucks is a company that was founded on a mission statement and certain guiding principles through which everything was supposed to be viewed. One of these six guiding principles was that they would take care of their partners, and this was something that was taken very seriously. Working for the company you can receive full benefits for working 20 hours a week, you get 1 pound of coffee of your choice for free per week, and a 30% discount on anything in the store anytime. Hard workers usually earned the opportunity to advance in the company or take on other leadership roles in their store. There are over 15,000 starbucks retail stores in the Unites States, and any time you need to transfer to another store the company is very accommodating. Starbucks almost always welcomes transferred partners well before hiring a completely new partner.

Cons

Starbucks has, in light of the hard economic times facing our country, made many decisions to their detriment. Starbucks has done what they have had to do in order to stay afloat, but they have cut corporate and management positions all over the place. Opportunities to advance are at an all-time minimum, and partners across the country no longer feel like they are being cared for in the way that they were. During these tough times it is difficult to get the hours you need to qualify for benefits. Starbucks seems to be compromising their old guiding principles at every turn these days, and they have come up with an all new mission statement. Starbucks is becoming less a coffee shop with every new innovation from the vivanno, to tea lattes, to breakfast sandwiches that must be warmed in ovens.

I would advise the Senior Management to pay close attention to the employees that have been around the longest, and remember the guiding principles and stick to them. Starbucks was founded on excellent principles and they were the reason for the incredible success. Things aren't going to start getting any better until Starbucks decides to start being Starbucks again.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks