Great place to start and advance a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

SCI believes in teamwork and helping others achieve professional goals. The ability to run your own desk and make pertinent financial decisions are key to financial growth and that is highly encouraged at Staff Care.

Cons

A major downside is the sheer amount of calls that are mandated in some departments. Hitting a call quota isn't always conducive to finding quality doctors, it just looks good on paper.

Advice for management is to review some of the antiquated practices expected. Listen to employees for fresh ideas and ways to conduct business.

Other Reviews for Staff Care

The Job Made Me Sick

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

Like others have said, if you work really hard and are lucky then promotions and advancing your career are pretty easy. It's one of the only jobs I have held where career growth is possible in the same city. Healthcare is a good industry and I would imagine locums work being more desirable with increasing insurance cost to doctors.

Cons

Like I said, this place made me sick! I would feel great outside the office but once there my throat hurt, head throbbed and I felt ill. I really think the stress wore me down! The goals you had were sometimes impossible to reach with many doctors looking down on locums work. You were consistently micromanaged with laughable guidance. You have to work 50 hours a week to hit your salary and it takes forever to get a decent bonus. You even had to come in some Saturday's!! Pay was awful for how much you work. It's very evident management only care about profit and not people. There was either someone being fired or quitting once a week.

To make the company money you need happy employees. Focus on employee relations and the company could do great!

New Hire

Former Employee - Research Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Research Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is top notch, an industry leader with name recognition in the marketplace. Also the salary is ok, but there is uncapped commission which is nice. And just for good measure the gym at the office is a good benefit.

Cons

It's all work and nothing else. Being on the phones dialing 100 dials every day can be repetitive and monotonous. The culture there leads itself to being a dog-eat-dog environment where the recruiters can "shark" other peoples' physicians.

There are newer employer reviews for Staff Care.

Worked for Staff Care? Contribute to the Community!