St. Jude Medical

www.sjm.com

A truly great place to work

Internal Communications Manager (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsSt. Jude Medical is a place where you'll often hear, "Let's get 'er done." People pull together to do the right thing on a constant basis. There is an underlying sense of fierce employee pride. They know their work helps people live better lives. I would often hear people describe SJM as the "smallest large company in the world," when they described how the company thought and operated. It had kept the small company mentality intact, even as it expanded globally.

ConsLike many companies, SJM is facing significant marketplace contraction. The former hub and spoke organizational structure that placed tremendous emphasis on the divisions, with little to no visible leadership from Corporate, is breaking down. Painfully. While this is a step in the right direction, it will take several years for the company to reshape its identity as a cohesive entity.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a message to members of the C-suite. Please, step up. Start talking with your employees. Let them know what's important to you, what's important to the company. Your invisibility debilitates your employees, especially those who work at Corporate. They want to know that you care about them and the role they play on behalf of the company. Even though you might think you're invisible, you're never not leading. So lead. It's what you get paid for.

Director Product Marketing

Director of Product Management (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent benefits, great clinical team Cons: only senior staff are privvy to important information Advice to Senior Management: Listen more to employees, middle management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

R&D (Current Employee)

I have been working at St. Jude Medical as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -Huge future in the medical device industry -A lot of great… Cons: As with any medical device company, sometimes the company fluctuates… Advice to Senior Management: Keep hiring fresh new talent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on St. Jude Medical.

Worked for St. Jude Medical? Contribute to the Community!