Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com

Loved my co-workers.....

Apparel Sales, Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) Vero Beach, FL (US)

ProsWorked with great people for the most part. High energy work environment, and always something to do on really slow days to pass time. There are a lot of things you can push to sell in store that give you pay bonuses and the work shirts are an awesome air-dry wet-proof thin fabric.

ConsPay is not the greatest for the high pressure sales required by corporate and other employees will steal your sales without being penalized. Schedule was never up until the last minute sometimes a day after that week hasd started making planning your personal affairs very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementReprimand thieves that steal from co-workers, be sure the coming schedule is out the promised two weeks prior for good notice and more pay is always nice. :)

There is no company, only a collection of district : city-states. United by name only.

Corporate (Former Employee)

I worked at Sports Authority full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The management discount is quite nice, as are side benefits offered by… Cons: ZERO corporate structure. Each district is its own wild west, using the rules and standards of it prospective manager, and not that of the corporate… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to rope in the district manager, who often fire loyal employees to make room for friends. Job performance means little for your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overworked and stressful work conditions for Store Managers.

Store Manager (Current Employee) North Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -selling sporting goods -good lower level people. Cons: -no holiday pay -expect you to work 75 plus hours a week -district and regional managers don't live in reality. -measurable goals that are not attainable. -bonus… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your store managers competitively. Stop managing by fear and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!