Spectra Energy
www.spectraenergy.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company for benefits not so much for career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Spectra Energy

ProsSpectra provides one of the best benefits package in the industry - add to that the 9/80 work schedule OR 1 day/week telecommuting option is just great.

ConsSpectra's middle management is aging and are happy maintaining status quo till they retire - you'll do good at this company if you just follow your supervisor without questioning why and how things are being done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more young blood into middle management - provide a clear career path for individuals who show promise and recognize them for their contributions.

Mechanical Engineer in Training

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Nelson, BC

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Spectra offers great opportunity for hands on experience. Working at field operation locations is… Cons: Spectra struggles to attract senior personnel due to perceived "undesirable"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Positive overall

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Spectra Energy has a good corporate culture. It invests in its employees, and has a relaxed work environment.… Cons: The career progression can be slow. Management wants to be 110% sure that someone will excel… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Spectra Energy.

Worked for Spectra Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spectra Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spectra Energy CEO Greg Ebel. All reviews posted anonymously by Spectra Energy employees.