Spectra Energy

www.spectraenergy.com

Great company for benefits not so much for career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSpectra provides one of the best benefits package in the industry - add to that the 9/80 work schedule OR 1 day/week telecommuting option is just great.

ConsSpectra's middle management is aging and are happy maintaining status quo till they retire - you'll do good at this company if you just follow your supervisor without questioning why and how things are being done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more young blood into middle management - provide a clear career path for individuals who show promise and recognize them for their contributions.

Excellent opportunities

Division Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Saint John, BC

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1- Great benefits , Vacations 2- Good opportunities to learn about… Cons: Remote locations; For young engineers, you have to be willing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mechanical Engineer in Training

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Nelson, BC

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Spectra offers great opportunity for hands on experience. Working at field operation locations is… Cons: Spectra struggles to attract senior personnel due to perceived "undesirable"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spectra Energy.

Worked for Spectra Energy? Contribute to the Community!