Special Counsel

www.specialcounsel.com

If looking for a temporary position, Special Counsel is a place to look.

Document Reviewer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsIf you have not secured a permanent position for after graduation, it is a good place to find quality jobs and competitive pay. The people I worked with at Special Counsel were respectful and I felt actually worked to get me different jobs while I was temping for them. While pay was not at the top, it was competitive with other similar work.

ConsJobs are temporary. Not likely to find a temporary to hire position without significant experience. Document review opportunities can be limited in tough economic times. It is also difficult to obtain your first document review job if you have no prior experience in document review. Most firms are looking for persons experienced in specific software for their document review. Work can also become tedious over time. While not a likely good career choice (as far as document review), it was good link between graduation and my first permanent job as an attorney.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with employees to keep morale high. Offer constructive criticism. Offer more opportunities for advancement.

Leave your dignity at the door if you do contract work for Special Counsel.

Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Special Counsel

Pros: If you are an attorney or law graduate and need… Cons: Polite people but the environment is patronizing. Advice to Senior Management: You need to change your philosophy. Just because an attorney is willing to work as a temp does not mean that they should be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent opportunities for legal professionals.

Document Reviewer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Special Counsel full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours and career opportunities. Cons: Contract work with little room for promotions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Special Counsel.

Worked for Special Counsel? Contribute to the Community!