Spartan Motors
www.spartanmotors.com Charlotte, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Work review

Electrical Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spartan Motors

ProsThe people are great. They are some of the best people to work with. Everyone is willing to help with anything at work or home if needed. Family atmosphere.

ConsPay is not what I expected. Chance of advancement seems poor at the present time. Not being challenged enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employees in mind as an investment. Make sure they advance and feel good about where they work. Don't think of company advancement without them.

Adding Top Heavy Employees, Cutting the Rest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spartan Motors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great insurance benefits, most departments shut down for the holiday break. Opportunity to take on… Cons: Which day will be your last one. Does your area fit into the manufacturing world.… Advice to Senior Management: It seemed like a ship without a rudder. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An organization that has lost its way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Charlotte, MI (US)

I worked at Spartan Motors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A good place to gain experience in the heavy truck business. Engineers can gain a broader level of experience than larger truck OEMs. Engineers can… Cons: The cons are management. Management has tried to make more out of the emergency vehicle business than it really is. It is still a homegrown… Advice to Senior Management: None. Shareholders, this organization has been taken over by automotive people with zero background in this style of vehicle business other than as component suppliers.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Spartan Motors.

Worked for Spartan Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spartan Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spartan Motors CEO John E. Sztykiel. All reviews posted anonymously by Spartan Motors employees.