Spartan Motors
www.spartanmotors.com Charlotte, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Adding Top Heavy Employees, Cutting the Rest

I worked at Spartan Motors full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat insurance benefits, most departments shut down for the holiday break. Opportunity to take on different roles as they cut positions and switch people around. The severance package was good!

ConsWhich day will be your last one. Does your area fit into the manufacturing world. Are you on a marketing team or a leverage team, makes a big world of difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seemed like a ship without a rudder.

An organization that has lost its way

Charlotte, MI (US)

I worked at Spartan Motors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A good place to gain experience in the heavy truck business. Engineers can gain a broader level of experience than larger truck OEMs. Engineers can… Cons: The cons are management. Management has tried to make more out of the emergency vehicle business than it really is. It is still a homegrown… Advice to Senior Management: None. Shareholders, this organization has been taken over by automotive people with zero background in this style of vehicle business other than as component suppliers.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be proud of the company and what they were doing.

I worked at Spartan Motors

Pros: Great people to work with Decent compensation and benefits Products make a difference… Cons: People no longer matter, bottom line is most important Customer quickly becoming secondary to stock price There has been a culture… Advice to Senior Management: Acknowledging that the bottom line is important, superior product and people will deliver far better results in the long run than a short-term, quarter to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spartan Motors.

Worked for Spartan Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spartan Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spartan Motors CEO John E. Sztykiel. All reviews posted anonymously by Spartan Motors employees.