There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Great Leadership, Great People, Great Company

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

The leadership, the culture and the people. Every employee is made to feel valued and appreciated on a daily basis. Not only by your managers and supervisors but by the leaders of the company. My 27 year old daughter says I go to daycare and not work everyday.

Cons

Vacation is a bit lame. Most companies have moved from vacation and sick benefits to PTO. It's difficult to hire for a senior position and offer only 2 weeks vacation. (3 weeks after 5 years)

Move from Vacation and Sick to PTO. In my opinion this company is doing everything else right!

472 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Top company to work for in the US.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Great company. They listen and are willing to work with the employees. Its a company that actually cares. They send you cards if your ill, if a family member dies, send you flowers. They have a heart that most companies dont have.

Cons

Some management officials can have a little more work on being better managers.

I would advice senior management to be more proactive on some issues.

Great place to work, plan to stay until retirement

Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

The company really seems to care about you as a person, not just a worker. They provide job security, good pay, great benefits, and a strong culture, all of which attract quality coworkers. Our senior leaders are very strong, and I have full confidence in their ability to keep us on the right track in a very difficult industry.

Cons

Unless you're at Headquarters or in management, it's mostly unionized. I hate unions, but I'm all but forced to be a member because my office is union. Overall our unions aren't nearly as militant as unions at many other companies, so it's not that bad. However, I get very little feedback on my job performance, good or bad. I have some great coworkers and some lousy ones, but we all get treated the same, and the bad ones don't seem to get disciplined in any way.

Keep up the good work!