There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Great Leadership, Great People, Great Company

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

The leadership, the culture and the people. Every employee is made to feel valued and appreciated on a daily basis. Not only by your managers and supervisors but by the leaders of the company. My 27 year old daughter says I go to daycare and not work everyday.

Cons

Vacation is a bit lame. Most companies have moved from vacation and sick benefits to PTO. It's difficult to hire for a senior position and offer only 2 weeks vacation. (3 weeks after 5 years)

Move from Vacation and Sick to PTO. In my opinion this company is doing everything else right!

474 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Southwest Airlines.

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

The benefits are the best with free filght being number 1 and they have the best healthcare plan with medical dental and vision plan coming in at a little over $16 a month you cant beat it

Cons

The starting pay for what we do is low. you start out at $10.18 an hour when for the work we do it should be somewhere around $12 at least thats how some competitors feel. Another down side is the lack of respect from station management (some supervisors and some station management) is it hard to say good job and talk to the work force like adults or it the child talk better.

Let the work force know the direction of the company a little better, they say we are hurting of money due to gas prices and we neet to make major cutbacks and watch spending closer but then turn around and buy a $41,000 wheel chair lift to put on the side of the jet way so we dont have to walk the extra 20 feet to the free elevatior that the airport installed i dont get it. or how about the "R/X team or whatever you changed the name to now. is it really a good idea to get 10-15 people to fly around the system, put them up in a hotel every night, pay for all the food and transportation along with wages, then on top of that hire 10-15 more people to fill there spots then pay to have them trained to try to save a few dollars by having the "team" sit in an office and over ride local mangement by changing the well oilled machine. me i feel you dumped a quart of water in it.

Top company to work for in the US.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Great company. They listen and are willing to work with the employees. Its a company that actually cares. They send you cards if your ill, if a family member dies, send you flowers. They have a heart that most companies dont have.

Cons

Some management officials can have a little more work on being better managers.

I would advice senior management to be more proactive on some issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines