Southern California Edison

www.sce.com

Reduction of the IT Department in 2013

Project Manager (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA (US)

ProsThe pay is excellent and the benefits. The IT management team was just reduced by twenty percent. If oyu are looking for state of the art projects then this is the place to be.

ConsIT is currently being hacked with layoffs in 2013. 20-30 percent of the staff will be let go in 2013. There is a new CIO and Directors which have a big say on how things get done from now on. I see a very small IT group in the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have way to many vendor who supply basics Analyst H1B consultants which is in violation of the Labor Code and their Visas.

Incredibly depressing work environment

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work-life balance if you don't want to get ahead in… Cons: Non-stop propaganda about cost cutting and improving work environment without any focus on individuals. Many rounds of random lay offs and restructuring in different… Advice to Senior Management: Bring upper management salaries down to the levels where they don't feel like Gods and will start showing respect to their reports… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

system analyst

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA (US)

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: easy job, less work, free time Cons: a bad boss will screw you up Advice to Senior Management: a bad boss will screw you up, so management have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!