Southern California Edison

www.sce.com

Reduction of the IT Department in 2013

Project Manager (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA (US)

ProsThe pay is excellent and the benefits. The IT management team was just reduced by twenty percent. If oyu are looking for state of the art projects then this is the place to be.

ConsIT is currently being hacked with layoffs in 2013. 20-30 percent of the staff will be let go in 2013. There is a new CIO and Directors which have a big say on how things get done from now on. I see a very small IT group in the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have way to many vendor who supply basics Analyst H1B consultants which is in violation of the Labor Code and their Visas.

Stable Company. Weak/Soft Culture with no innovation.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: As most others have mentioned, the compensation and benefits package is one of the best around. 401k matching dollar for dollar up to 6%, pension… Cons: Where to start? First, because you have 30 year SCE-lifers around, they don't want to change. They don't want young people to "rock the boat".… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to innovate and not be obsolete, recognize the young leaders with potential, develop and RETAIN them. Explicitly encourage innovation and creativity. Discourage… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company but Slow and Government Related

Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Pomona, CA (US)

I worked at Southern California Edison as an intern for less than a year

Pros: They value family time and will always advocate spending time with your family. There… Cons: Lots of older employees, slow work pace, not a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Hire some younger people because the majority of employees are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!