Socalgas
www.socalgas.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Overall positive experience as a part-time employee

Meter Reader (Former Employee)
Downey, CA (US)

I worked at Socalgas part-time for less than a year

ProsPaid training provided. Many opportunities for advancement are available once you start working with the company. After only a few months of employment, you will be eligible to enter other branches of the company if you pass the examinations.

ConsAs a part-time employee, it is very difficult to qualify for health benefits because you must accrue a set amount of hours over a year, but the minimum hours required to qualify is set too high.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealth benefits should be given to all part-time employees, regardless of accumulated work hours.

Good, stable employment

Administrative Clerk-3 (Current Employee)
Compton, CA (US)

I have been working at Socalgas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: If you are a represented employee it's very stable, management… Cons: It's difficult to deal with lazy coworkers who are paid… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice people, friendly environment

I have been working at Socalgas as an intern

Pros: Easy to move around within the company. Cons: Not alot of new hires, hard to make friends Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Socalgas.

Worked for Socalgas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Socalgas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Socalgas CEO Anne Shen Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Socalgas employees.