Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 5000+ Employees

Excellent company values on paper, but lack drastically as they are never enforced.

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Bowie, MD (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

ProsMass-Management
Great opportunity to develop interpersonal relationship skills
Diverse work environment
Many opportunities for promotion
Several employee events
Fun and carefree employees

ConsOblivious favortism
Incredibly long work hours.

With this company, you either work 11-12 hour shifts, or you work 4 hour shifts. There is no middle ground, and your supervisor will decide how often they want you around. This is not company policy, but a bad management tactic used in several departments throughout the park.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more fair to your team members regarding the opportunity to LISTEN to your team members, as well as making them feel like they are cared about employees rather than a body in the park. On another hand, several of your employees ARE just bodies in the park and are not helpful whatsoever, (even to OTHER team members).

Cutting costs at employees' expense

Team Member (Current Employee)
Vallejo, CA (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work schedule and not much more. Cons: Seasonal work, meager pay, infighting, strong nepotism. This company hesitates to fire anyone who isn't a seasonal employee. The… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to acquire and retain quality employee's you need to pay for them. Your pay structure is horrid and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience for teens

Retail Manager (Former Employee)
Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: I was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I… Cons: Management is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't talk down to those who are working under you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.