Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 5000+ Employees

Great experience for teens

Retail Manager (Former Employee)
Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

ProsI was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I was 18. It was a busy environment, which taught me how to work with others to get things done quickly. You get into the park free and there are a lot of team member parties.

ConsManagement is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor. The pay is low for all that you do and you have to work long hours (if you are a lead).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk down to those who are working under you and stay professional.

Six Flags

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for less than a year

Pros: Meeting a lot of new people Cons: Supervisors are usually terrible. There are some good ones but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun working frightfest

I have been working at Six Flags part-time

Pros: good pay and really fun work, you make a family really fast… Cons: Too many secrets in management Advice to Senior Management: Be more honest with you're employes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.