Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 5000+ Employees

Great experience for teens

Retail Manager (Former Employee)
Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

ProsI was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I was 18. It was a busy environment, which taught me how to work with others to get things done quickly. You get into the park free and there are a lot of team member parties.

ConsManagement is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor. The pay is low for all that you do and you have to work long hours (if you are a lead).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk down to those who are working under you and stay professional.

Great Summer Pay, but terrible uniforms

Ride Operator (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: You get paid weekly and the amount you can earn… Cons: The uniforms are atrocious. The bright green shirt is see-through so you have to wear a white undershirt. Even during those Texas… Advice to Senior Management: Get uniforms that don't require something to wear underneath. More

Alright for first job, I wouldn't go back though.

Lead (Current Employee)
Valencia, CA (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, Good hours in peek season, meet a lot… Cons: no hours in off season, they generally do not like to have you work over… Advice to Senior Management: Have some empathy, It always seemed like you expected people to know exactly what to do with out telling them anything, IE if it is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.