There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sparks, NV (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

207 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

NASA North

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

With all of the work Sierra Nevada Corporation's (SNC) Space Systems Group in Louisville does for NASA, it's like working at NASA but with the luxury of living in beautiful Colorado. Win-Win!
    The work at SNC Louisville is truly making a difference in the world - from satellites, to human spacecraft. This truly is a unique place to work.
    The challenges are great, but key leaders and the workers in general make it possible to achieve greatness.
    And, the owners are involved and interested in the details of their company and employees, and truly take care of their own. That's pretty rare these days.

Cons

The workload is high, and number of people needed to do the work low. But this pushes everyone to take on more responsibility and stretch their capabilities, which is positive.

Some management needs to learn not to micromanage, and better trust the employees they hired to do their jobs.

Great Culture, Satisfying Work, Excellent Benefits

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Louisville, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Louisville, CO (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

SNC is a positive environment where people work on things they firmly believe are important to the nation, whether it's defense, aviation, or commercial spaceflight. The workplace has a positive atmosphere, and most of the corporate policies are very common-sense. Even though the company is medium-sized and growing quickly, it still feels like a small business. The compensation is very good, and benefits are the best I've ever seen in a private engineering company, especially the 401k matching.

Cons

The entire company uses Lotus Notes for email and scheduling, which is quirky and presents a lot of frustration for people who are more accustomed to using Microsoft Outlook.

Keep doing what you're doing -- preserve the intimate, friendly culture at SNC.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Worked for Sierra Nevada Corporation? Contribute to the Community!