There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

This company has an amazing culture and team spirit!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Sendero

Pros

Locally-focused management consulting; fun; strong core values (integrity, respect, passion, higher reaching, and shared success); collaborative; humble; smart, interesting people; working together to build something really special; strong trust in leadership

Cons

There have been some growing pains as the company went from 15 or so employees with a long history together, to 35+ with a mix of new college grads and experienced hires outside of the original network. There's also a lot of work to do internally to grow the company, which, while interesting, can feel like a burden. It's also hard being patient for the company to get big enough to offer some of the things large companies can (in terms of benefits, salary, training, etc.), but in my opinion, it's worth the wait and I know they are giving the best deal they can.

Continue the focus on the company culture; continue over-communicating so everyone knows the strategy and their place in it; confirm priorities periodically.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Sendero (View Most Recent)

Company that practices what they preach

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I came to Sendero from an Industry job that had me jaded and burned out. I was impressed by Sendero's culture and stated values in my interview, but based on my past experience I wasn't sure how it would play out once I started. I am pleased to report that from my first day onward, Sendero has lived out and demonstrated their core values and culture time and time again. Coming to Sendero meant a career change and starting over, but it was the best career decision I could have made. The employees enjoy each other and many are friends outside of work. Upper management maintains an open door policy that is inviting and never pretentious. At past jobs I was usually looking for my next move after a year or so, but after three years at Sendero, I can say that I don't see myself leaving here any time soon. Having experience the alternative, I can say it's a great feeling!

Cons

Being spread out across the metroplex can leave a disjoined feeling at times, but that's the nature of consulting and Sendero works hard to do things to promote unity and connection across the different clients and locations.

Keep putting the culture and employees first and Sendero will keep excelling.

Amazing! Close friendly atmosphere purposefully nurtured from management down.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Sendero full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked for a top 4 consulting firm in technology for 3 years. It is night and day difference! No traveling required, yet still have large scale clients in-town. Co-workers are amazing. No arrogant consultants here - people who care about getting a job done right and on time, and having some fun while doing so. We have pizza Fridays and truly fun quarterly company meetings. Benefits match those of the top tier firm. Salary is about one year below what I had been making, but Sendero does promotions twice a year. Honestly, a salary one year back is not nearly such a big deal considering the quality of life improvement and chances for increases soon. Also, weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager for support and feedback ensure you are on the right track.

Cons

I had to seriously think about this. The only con would be the self-improvement training courses. At the moment there is a small amount of them, however they are negotiating for a larger and broader amount of online courses for the employees.

Continue to be selective in your employees regarding culture match. Well done so far!

There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

Worked for Sendero? Contribute to the Community!