Sears
2.5 of 5 3,211 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Good Temporary Job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

ProsI worked as a shoe salesman and I liked the commission structure. It was not as good as other department stores but it was still an incentive to work harder.

ConsThere is no incentive to advance to a managerial position because of the constant turnover. I worked at Sears for 8 months and had 4 different managers. I would never want to be a manager because the work load is ridiculous for the amount of pay. The security of the job is also terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a better way to retain good management.

A comfort company,

Manager (Former Employee)
Zanesville, OH (US)

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros: Sells great product and provides thorough training to it's employees. Cons: Clothing seems to be falling behind the times. Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your team and learn the jobs you expect them to learn. Working with your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Too many metrics

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Carson, CA (US)

I have been working at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay could be worse, base rate plus commission. People working… Cons: Too many metrics. As a salesman I was graded on my sales per hour, my add on sales, the two different types of warranties, my… Advice to Senior Management: Focus less on metrics and more on customer service. The only advantage we have over Walmart and Target is customer service, not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.