Sears

www.searshc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waldorf, MD (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waldorf, MD (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

meeting new people. Some benefits are good. If your a sales associate you have opportunites to make more money

Cons

You may not get rechognized for the good things you do. On stressful days with management they tend to bash the associates out alot and get smart with you. you have tons of goals to meet and mi

Show respect to the associates and customers. Have your associates back..

4628 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

ok job for someone with no outside life and a car that gets 100mpg

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Potential is there to make decent money, management is understanding and willing to help, have the sears name backing you up.

Cons

drive hundreds of miles a day in your own vehicle with minimal reimbursment. have to take advantage of people to make a sale because the prices are extremely high.

pay state minimum milage or provide a company vehicle, run more sales on the products to bring them to an affordable price range for most families that call a company like sears.

The worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

-Pay reasonable for cashier job
    -Better than being unemployed....maybe

Cons

-Management very pushy about credit cards. I was expected to open one credit account per hour worked. Management criticized me in front of customers for not opening enough cards. I was bribed, harassed, you name it regarding credit accounts.
    -Management would not help with anything. I would have customers yelling in my face and could not get a manager to help.
    -Horribly rude customers.
    -When calling in sick (1 time for the 2 months I worked there) I was told "if you keep doing this you will be fired."
    -Regularly scheduled on Sundays despite making it very clear that I could not work that day due to my religious convictions and family obligations.
    -All of this despite being constantly rated very high on customer service satisfaction surveys.

Be attentive to your employees and listen to their concerns. Stop making credit accounts more important than customer service.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears