Seagate Technology

www.seagate.com

Good News, Bad News

BlackArmor Channel and Partner Management (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsWonderful talented individuals working constantly to overcome highly political division management to deliver for the outstanding executive team and company as a whole. Creative, professional teams and strong peer support make environment worth the headaches.

ConsMeetings, meetings, meetings, and taboo subjects due to multiple acquisitions create a two-tiered culture. Productivity and profitability, particularly for Branded Solutions, is hiding the enormous potential. Habitual dismissal and de-hiring of top performers to protect status quo is costly and impactful to morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives awarding positions based on past performance excellence may want to consider domain expertise, particularly with regard to B2B vs B2C and software. While margins are ok, they are unnecessarily lean, and at risk with each release due to the lack of integration of division management in the tangible decisions being made each day "around" those executives to save product P&L.

Excellent - Been with STX for >10 yrs. Much career development opportunities!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Lots of career development opportunities as long as one is up for challenging assignments.... learnt a… Cons: Business cycles can fluctuate as is the norm in the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep providing career development opportunities ... this is what will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

be an maintenance asisstant

I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: lot time to rest and socialized (on rest day) Cons: need to have lot of patien with management.like leader and… Advice to Senior Management: dont push your asset (operator) so much,be on thier shoe,so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Seagate Technology.

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!